Jordan B. Dascal is a problem-solving litigation attorney. He focuses on plaintiff’s work (employment matters, personal injury, civil rights), healthcare reimbursement issues, and commercial litigation matters.
Results matter. To that end, Jordan excels in creative legal research to make sure every possibility is exhausted, clear and concise communication to effectively convince judges and juries, and aggressive litigation tactics to obtain the best results for clients.
Selected Decisions and Results
- Protected clients from a bank’s wrongful debt collection efforts for $1.2 million. The bank was unable to collect against the mortgage collateral, which was sold off when the bank failed to pay the taxes on it during a foreclosure lawsuit. Convinced the courts that client was not responsible for the loan, due to the bank’s error. Case resolved where the client owed no money to the bank, and the bank paid the clients’ legal fees.
- Recovered significant money from health insurance companies and self-funded plans for health insurers and patients.
- Sued commercial landlord to permit lease assignment, where lease allowed the landlord to unreasonably withhold consent to the assignment. Drafted extensive ‘change in law’ motion, which helped result in settlement permitting assignment.
- Successfully sued a used car dealer for fraudulently selling defective cars. Clients received more than the full value of the defective vehicle in the settlement.
- Linden Medical Associates, P.C. v. Ilogu, No. A-3042-15T2 (App. Div. 2017)
- Won appeal, protect client’s default judgment from being vacated where other party initially refused to participate in litigation but fought judgment later.
- Shuster v. Shuster, No. A-0203-12T2 (App. Div. 2013)
- Won appeal, protected client from a reduction in alimony.
- New Jersey 2012
- New York 2013
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- Cum Laude
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Cardozo Law Review, Associate Editor
Rutgers University, B.A.